26 Jun 2010

Where Beats This Human Heart


The art scene in East London is often referred to as underground, suggesting its young and non-commercial nature. This week art in the East End was literally taken underground when the dynamic curatorial trio 'Space In Between' hosted its latest exhibition,'Where Beats This Human Heart,' in a WWII bunker.
It is unbelievable how a space such as this has remained undiscovered for so long. My fascination to experience a true bunker made me wonder whether, unavoidably, the sheer magnitude of it would over power the art work that I had initially been invited to see.



I was quickly assured that was not the case.And, surely 'Where Beats This Human Heart' was a prime example of how art and architecture challenge one another, and, how in this polemic relationship absolute harmony can also be established.

I leave you with some images that capturthe exhibition's highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment